Dirty solar panels are up to 30% less efficient!
SketchSolaro is an easily applied coating designed to increase the efficiency of solar panels. Through its anti-static properties, SketchSolaro prevents dust and dirt build up. SketchSolaro is also self-cleaning given its hydrophilic properties, which allows unwanted particles to be easily removed with only water rather than harsh chemical cleaners. Not only do the self-cleaning properties allow for an increase in photo-voltaic (PV) efficiency, but they also lower maintenance costs and frequency. SketchSolaro is completely transparent and does not change the appearance of your solar panels.
Invisible: does not
alter the surface’s
Up to 30% loss in efficiency is caused by:
- Carbon monoxid
- Sulfur dioxide
- Nitrogen oxides
- Bird droppings
- Spotting and fogging
- Ice and snow
- 100% Inorganic coating
- Safe and Semi-Permanent
- Super hydrophilic, only one available worldwide
- Self-cleaning (simply with rainwater)
- Strong adhesion to material
- Thickness of 100 to 200 nanometres
- Easy application
- Lowers maintenance costs
- Photocatalytic properties help decompose and remove dirt
- Increased energy output between 5 and 7% due to greater visible light absorbance
- Quickly dries within 5 min, fully cured within 12 hours
- Effective on panel angle less than 5%
What is Hydrophilic Property?
Water droplets remain as they are on an untreated surface, but they will seep under the dirt on the hydrophilic surface, thus removing it. The water-repellent surface only repels the water, and has no function to clean itself.